Beware, owners of Radeon GPUs, a new version of the Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition driver is available, version 19.8.1, which introduces PlayReady 3.0 support for Radeon RX 5700 graphics cards.
This allows owners of a 5700 series card to play locked 4K content with Microsoft's Digital Rights Management (DRM) system. This includes 4K videos on Netflix, streamed and played on a PC via Edge or Internet Explorer (Bleeping Computer provides an overview of resolutions supported by different browsers, due to digital rights management).
Version 19.8.1 does not mention any specific game optimization. However, there are several bugfixes, including one regarding the automatic overclocking memory on the 5700 series. The bug fixes are as follows:
- Some system configurations may experience color corruption after the installation of Radeon Software when running the Windows 10 May 2019 update. The problem is resolved in the latest Windows 18362.267 update ( KB4505903).
- Radeon Chill settings may not be synchronized with those in the game profile when modified in the game via Radeon Overlay.
- Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products may have a black screen or flickering when applying automatic overclock memory with games or applications running in full screen.
- Radeon AntiLag may slightly affect performance in some games.
- Radeon RX 5700 series graphics may display a black screen when uninstalling under Windows 7 system configurations. One solution is to uninstall in safe mode.
- Recording clips with Radeon ReLive can create blank clips on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics with Windows 7 system configurations.
AMD also lists an equal number of known issues in its release notes. They understand:
- You may experience problems when Radeon FreeSync is enabled on 240Hz refresh screens with Radeon RX 5700 graphics products.
- Radeon Performance Metrics may report incorrect use of VRAM.
- AMD Radeon VII may encounter high memory clocks in slow motion or on the desktop.
- Radeon Overlay may not appear intermittently when it is switched to play.
- The sound of clips captured by Radeon ReLive may be corrupted or truncated when desktop recording is enabled.
- Activation of Enhanced Sync may result in game, application or system failures on Radeon RX 5700 graphics products.
Follow this link to download the latest Radeon driver.