Ezekiel Elliott’s music festival saga just won’t go away.
A security guard is pressing charges against the star Cowboys running back, according to Fox affiliate KVVU-TV in Las Vegas.
The charges, filed through the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department, stem from the alleged assault that occurred at a music festival on May 19 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Police said Elliott pushed security guard Kyle Johnson to the ground. Cellphone video obtained by TMZ showed an event worker falling over a parking barrier as Elliott ran into him.
Elliott’s camp claims otherwise.
“Over the course of the past several weeks, Mr. Elliott has been the target of extortion,” Elliott’s lawyers Scott Rosenblum and Jason Lampert said in a statement in the NFL Network. “Kyle Johnson’s filing of a criminal complaint against Mr. Elliott in connection with the Las Vegas incident it the latest attempt to do so. Mr. Elliott and it his team are in contact with all of the proper authorities and are fully cooperating with them in their investigations.
Johnson said in May he was unsure if he would press charges and was seeking a a sincere apology.
“Way out of control,” Johnson told a CBS affiliate. “Just not necessary. I’m not going to festivals and shoving over security guards, you know what I mean?”
Earlier this month, the NFL ruled Elliot won’t be suspended for the incident because it was determined he did not violate the league’s personal conduct policy. Elliott was suspended six games in 2017 over domestic violence allegations.
— With AP